Pages

Monday, September 21, 2009

Mom--Ya Gotta Love Her!

My mama may have a few little idiosyncrasies but she’s so damn cute--without even trying!

Some of the funny faces she makes, when playing cards, is hilarious to watch. It’s all Sis and I can do to keep from busting out laughing!

She wears the cutest little capri pants and short-sleeve blouses that look just darling on her and her white hair is so thin but she wears it in the cutest short style that she cuts by herself!

Her sense of humor is nearly non-existent and she does not show or say ‘I love you’ unless we show it or say it first but she is very kind and very generous. She spoils all of us kids. A lot of times, we have to tell her “NO” or she’d spend all of her monthly check on  us! We have to make her put some in savings each month or she’d have nothing! This from a woman who used to be the greatest penny pincher/miser ever!

Mom has no dementia whatsoever--she is very with it! She will get confused if too much is going on at once but, hell,  I do that! Her memory amazes me! I have to ask her where things are or where I put this or that! Maybe I better start worrying about my own mental capacities! (However, I just chalk it up to menopausal mania!)  Hot!

I do wish I could find more lone activities for her to do. She reads a novel or does puzzle books on and off all day but mostly wants me to play card games with her! I love to play these games but not 10-15 times a day! I’m slowly getting burnt out on them.

Yeh, Mom has her kooky ways and odd ways of showing her love for us but--Ya gotta love her!

We do!!
SS Siggy

5 comments:

Jonie said...

What a beautiful love letter to your Mum! You are a fantastic daughter!! Hugs!

SASS....Sammy Andy Shelly Sierra said...

The love for her shows, and that's the important thing........we can get through most anything as long as the love is there.....and, of course, we all need to remember our day is coming!!!!! :)))))

BBB said...

Thank you Jonie and Judi (Sam and Andy)!! Yes, our day is coming alright!

Anonymous said...

Both of you are sooo lucky to have each other. She sounds like a gem.

BBB said...

Thank you Nancy (aginglife)!! Believe me I have days when I want to throttle her but for the most part we get along pretty darn good!

Post a Comment