Pages

Friday, September 18, 2009

On Hiatus–Back Soon!!

(originally posted July 20, 2009)

I will soon be joining the ranks of Personal Caregivers everywhere!! Help me!!!!!!! hahaha!!!
My Mother lives in West Texas and she has had a few falls lately–none serious yet–and she has asked me to come home and help her. My sis has been keeping an eye on her and she simply does not have the patience to continue at any length.
Mom can be very bossy/demanding and is very impatient when things aren’t done to her timetable (meaning yesterday!). Sis easily falls back into the mother/child dynamic and finds it too hard to handle Mom.
I haven’t seen Mom, sis, or brother for 11 years so it’s time I went back home anyway. I’ve been unemployed for over 6 months with no hope of finding anything here soon and my unemployment has run out so this is actually a godsend for me.
I’m hoping that my 8 years experience in eldercare plus the fact that I’ve been distant for so long will play in my favor and help me to be able to handle Mom without tearing out my hair–or hers!
I leave next Monday and should arrive there Wednesday. A good friend of mine, Susan, is driving with me then flying back on Thursday. I hope to be back online within a week or so–tentatively posting again by August 10th.
Everybody wish me luck! Please!!!
SS Siggy

No comments:

Post a Comment