Pages

Friday, September 18, 2009

Incense Hazards (plus Labor Day Weekend)

Mom and I both had developed a mild cough over the past week or so and today I discovered the possible cause. About a month ago, I was over to Sis’s and her house smelled wonderful! She burns vanilla-scented incense all day and it was heavenly! I told Mom about it and she said to get some when I went to the store. So, I did just that.
I noticed last week that she had been coughing and she said she never has a cough. I realized I was coughing quite a bit, too. This morning neither one of us was coughing, then I lit the incense and about a half hour later we were both coughing. Curious, I searched online about incense and coughing and discovered it could be the cause of the coughing. It turns out that incense burns 45% carbon into the air as opposed to the 10% from cigarette smoke! Wow! That’s quite a bit!! So, we decided to go without the incense for a week and see if it really is the cause of our coughing.
I’ll try to remember to give ya’ll an update on that.
We had a wonderful Labor Day weekend! Brother D, the truck driver, was here for 4 days and Sis J and her fella, M, and brother N came over here for Saturday dinner. I bought 2 large chuck roasts and made a huge pot of roast beef with boiled potatoes and carrots and green beans plus biscuits. By the time the meal was over there was a small wedge of roast left and that was about it! Mom and I are going to shred it for roast beef sandwiches this week–yum!!
Sis and I hung out with Mom most of the time. Brother N finished building the porch and porch roof onto the side of the mobile home. He finished the ramp for Mom except for putting the non-skid outdoor carpet on it, that gets finished next weekend. She’s thrilled with it! Sis and I went to WalMart and bought her a set of deck chairs–waterproof–and a small table to set between them and we sure enjoyed the evening sitting out there together after it cooled off! Brother D spent most of the time playing his video games and drinking beer. I swear he’s 51 going on 12! (Well, except for the beer–haha!!)
Hope all of you had a great weekend, too!
SS Siggy

No comments:

Post a Comment