Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Visit With TJ

Mom, Sis J, and I drove out to big Sis TJ’s house Sunday for an afternoon visit. I had only been there once and that was when TJ drove Mom and I out there, in February, to see her new house. I remember it had been a very long drive of nearly 30 minutes (I‘m used to getting where I need to go in 10 minutes or less). TJ gave me the directions on how to get there except she told me the wrong exit to get off on.

There’s a Loop that goes all the way around our city. She told me to look for the Clovis Highway exit. Well, I drove, and drove, and drove until I realized we were half way back to our exit to our house! I called her and told her where we were and she felt so bad. It turns out that we needed to take the Littlefield exit which would then take us to Clovis Highway!

So, I turned around and drove the many miles back to that exit, found the Clovis Highway, turned onto that, then turned onto her County Road and it was 8 miles down that before we finally spied the house-- 50 minutes after leaving our house!!

When TJ had bought the house it needed a lot of work! New paint inside, new carpet/counters/doors, etc. They are not quite finished but it looked so-o-o gorgeous! She has it decorated in an Old West decor and lots of horse memorabilia. Her daughter rides for the rodeo doing barrel-jumping and has won many competitions.


















We visited for a couple hours, then TJ served us a wonderful, light meal that was enjoyed by all. A delicious roasted whole chicken with a fruit platter and a raw vegetable platter with dip and, also, potato chips. It was different for us as we are used to meat, potatoes and gravy with biscuits. I kept waiting for Mom to say “What’s this crap?!” But she was on her best behavior.

After dinner, we sat out on the patio where a cool breeze kept us comfortable. Mom and TJ visited there while Sis J and I walked out to the horse stalls and petted the horse. Fancy is the only horse there, for now, they have 5 more coming out later that are still boarding at their old farm.

All in all, it was a great time and we all enjoyed each others company. There was a storm brewing to the North so we said our goodbyes and headed back home. We arrived, just ahead of the storm, 25 minutes later.

Now that I know how to get out there we plan on visiting more often. We hadn’t seen TJ since February when she came over for Mom’s 87th birthday, then 2 weeks later to go see her new house. That will change now and maybe TJ, Sis J, and I can build a good, solid sisterly relationship!
Yeah!

See older post on finding long, lost Sis TJ here.......


SS Siggy

4 comments:

Jonie said...

Sounds like a great plan to get to know new sis better, I'm glad you had such a good time and did find the way there :-)))

BBB said...

Thanks Jonie! Yeh, I traveled half the city, I think, to get there! :))

Anonymous said...

Wow, its sounds like you had a wonderful time and that both families are off to a great start in getting to know each other. With TJ living only 30 minutes away it will make it that much easier to get together.
I’m assuming Miss Rodeo 2007, is your niece. She’s gorgeous.
But the best part of this post was that you mom was on her best behavior, I too would have wanted to say “where’s the beef?”

BBB said...

Yes, Miss Rodeo is my niece! She is a nurse now and still participates in the rodeo championships.

“where’s the beef?” --- hahahahaha!!!!!!!
Thanks Nancy! :)

Post a Comment