Pages

Monday, October 26, 2009

A Poem about Alzheimers'

I want to take the opportunity to introduce you to a poetress I have met recently. I have used two of her poems on my 3B Digital Art site.

She sent me the link to this poem she wrote about Alzheimer's Disease and I wanted to share it with all of you....

A LIFE SUSPENDED

In and out they seem to fade
I'm gazing at a faded page;
I reach for faces,
They become currents before me
In the river of my memories,
Then surface clearly,
The sunlight's rays sparkling
On their smiles;

I am a child once again,
Lost
Where is my home?
Just beyond my grasp
There it is!
Somewhere..

Apple pie I smell,
It's sweet aroma of cinnamon
Filling my nostrils;
Laughter I hear,
Is it my own
My children's
Is it of times gone by?

I am within a kaleidoscope
Pieces of colored glass;
Who turns the wheel?
Ever changing in my vision,

Be patient with me
I am the same within,
Though expression wans,

I remember,
I remember
Yes,
I remember
Love.

Nancy Ellen Crossland
6/19/2009
**Dedicated to the victims of Alzheimer's and their loved ones

8 comments:

Jonie said...

So poignant!
Especially the ending - I remember love.
Thanks so much.

BBB said...

Thanks for your comment, Jonie. Yes, I thought her poem made a very good point!

Kate Smedley said...

That's so poignant, a beautiful poem...so moving.

BBB said...

Thank you, Kate!

SASS....Sammy Andy Shelly Sierra said...

Great poem.

BBB said...

Thank you Sammy/Andy!

Anonymous said...

that's an awesome poem. Mom and Dad both remember Love - it is so true!

BBB said...

Awww! That's so sweet, Nauri! Thanks for stopping by!

Post a Comment